Now here we have a young gold dragonness who’s managed to give her parents the slip to meld into the (fascinating!) human population.
Unfortunately, while her transmutation spells are capable of making her more human-shaped, they don’t really hide the fact that she’s draconic – although you might, if you’re generous, mistake her for a half-dragon.
For her race we’ll be using the basic Dragon Template – albeit with a few small tweaks to go from “white dragon” to “gold dragon” – even if that is a “Slayers”-inspired Golden Dragon.
- Change “Enlarge Self” to “Reduce Self”; (-1 Size Category (-2 Str, +2 Dex, +1 Attack Modifier, +4 Skill Modifier).
- Shaping is neither specialized nor corrupted; this small dragon can do Prestidigitation effect at will.
- The Energy Infusion is Fire, not Cold.
- Dragonfire is Specialized/only for cone and ray energy attacks (3 CP).
- Breath of the Dragon is Specialized / only to change the blasts to Light (3 CP).
- Heart of the Dragon is specialized in Transmutation magics instead of Conjuration..
Available Character Points: 48 (level one base) +10 (disadvantages) +12 (GM generosity in awarding L0 and L1 Bonus Feats) +2 (Duties) = 72 CP.
Basic Attributes: Str 14 (14), Dex 11 (15), Con 13 (15), Int 15 (17), Wis 10 (12), Cha 17 (19).
Basics (39 CP):
- Warcraft: +0 BAB (0 CP).
- Hit Points: 20 (L1d20, 16 CP) + 12 (Immortal Vigor) +6 (3x Con Mod) = 38
- Proficient with All Simple Weapons (3 CP).
- Armor Class: 10 (Base) +2 (Dex) +1 (Size) +2 (Natural) +2 (Leather) +4 (Cha) = 21
- Initiative: +2 (Dex)
- Move: Ground and Flight 60′.
- Skill Points: 8 (CP spent) +12 (Int Mod x 4) = 20 SP. The player hasn’t decided where to spend these yet though. For the moment, I’ll go with the condensed skill list and take Arcana (+7), Heal (+5), Survival (+7), Perception (+8 with +3 Racial), and Persuasion (+8), all at a base of four ranks.
- Fortitude: +2 (Purchased, 6 CP) +2 (Con) = +4
- Reflex: +0 (Purchased, 0 CP) +2 (Dex) = +2
- Will: +2 (Purchased, 6 CP) +1 (Wis) = +3
- “Unarmed”: +3/+3 (+2 Str, +1 Size, Personal Haste), 1d8+2, Crit 20/x2.
- Breath Weapon: Up to 3d6 Light (Fire) damage, 15′ Cone or double damage to a single target within 60′. Save DC Reflex 15 (Half).
Special Abilities (33 CP):
- Journeyman/Path of the Dragon, Specialized in Dragonfire for Double Effect (ranges damage limit to (Level + 2)d6) (6 CP).
- Heart of the Dragon II, Specialized in Transmutation to allow her to use first level transmutation effects via Shaping (6 CP).
- Augmented Bonus/Excessive Cuteness: Adds (Cha Mod) to AC (6 CP).
- Occult Sense/Treasure (Can detect treasure within 60′) (6 CP).
- Berserker (Standard Barbarian, 6 CP).
- Lore, Specialized in Dragons (3 CP).
Now this young dragoness is pretty formidable for an ECL 2 character – but the lower the total ECL, the more the template dominates things. If the party is reasonably high-powered for ECL 2 – and if it wasn’t, who’d be considering letting a dragon into play? – she should be a close enough match.
- [Emergence Campaign] Eclipse — The Ways of Dragons I (ruscumag.wordpress.com)
- Eclipse, the Ways of Dragons II (ruscumag.wordpress.com)