To help everyone keep track of the sequence of events in the Federation-Apocalypse game, here’s the timeline so far. Note that this is in-game time, which has been running a great deal slower than real-world time since the prequels.
- -2 Years: Raphial begins major research in augmenting cybernetic systems with magic.
- -4 Weeks: The House of Roses becomes aware of Kevin’s status as an Opener, and begins making offers of recruitment.
- -3 Weeks: Raphial becomes a House of Roses operative as part of a cooperative arrangement with the New Imperium. Marty arrives in Core Earth New York City, and begins a tour of Earth.
- -2 Weeks: John Jack arrives on Core Earth Scotland, and defeats a small Dalek Invasion. Marty assists. Both are soon contacted by the House of Roses.
- -1 Week: Benedict arrives in Core Earth London, and attracts considerable attention. Jarvian Mitchell also arrives in England, but initially assumes that he’s in potentially hostile territory and hides in the park.
Week 01: Teams initial mission to Greenweld. Kevin recruits 3 Thralls. The Firestorm Meme infects Core. Samples of both Praetorian and Anoptic Battle Technology are obtained.
- Major Characters: M, Dr Vu, Michelle Wingates, and Spellweaver / Adrian Mercati, Thrall-Recruits: Daniel, Gerald, and Bard.
- Major Factions: The House of Roses, Ourathan Alien Robots, Neanderthals (not yet revealed).
- Major Plot Elements: Firestorm Meme, Praetorian Nanites, Anoptic Broadcast Node
- Major Realms: Core (Earth, Greenweld), Crusader, Highway, The Colonial Era.
Week 02: Jarvian joins the team. The House of Roses discovers something of how powerful Kevin’s Thralls are, and begins to investigate. The House – and several other major organizations – are attacked by the Anoptics via the Firestorm Meme, but they are easily beaten back. Raphial cracks the singular nanite coding. Second Mission: Investigating Singular. Intrigues of the Underdark. John Jack quarrels with the team and departs.
- Major Characters: Ilthulsin the Exile, assorted possible Thrall-recruits and badly damaged children. Various local characters in the Underdark. The Backup Team and a strange Kobold.
- Major Factions: The Adventurer’s Guilds. Various minor factions in the Underdark.
- Major Plot Elements: The Silmaril of the Earth
- Major Realms: Catacomb, Coral, Faerun/The Underdark.
Week 03: Into the Negative Zone. The group arrives in the Negative Zone, hooks up with the Arrancar, and begin patching things up – a lengthy project – while heading for the exit.
- Major Characters: King Arthur (Version I), the Arrancar, Dimentio / Shyan
- Major Factions: The Hollows (a.k.a “The Devourers”), The Oracle Archonia
- Major Plot Elements: The Haven, a.k.a “The Citadel of the World’s End”.
- Major Realms: The Negative Zone
Week 04: Traversing the Darkness: The group continues improving the Haven and healing the Arrancar.
- Major Characters: Revan mentioned.
- Major Factions: None introduced.
- Major Plot Elements: Assorted training (an easy excuse for later ability purchases).
- Major Realms: None introduced. In the Negative Zone.
Week 5: Studies in the Zone. The group continues studying exotic abilities in the Negative Zone.
- Major Characters: The Hellstorm
- Major Factions: None introduced..
- Major Plot Elements: The Hellstorm and Kevin’s Contract with it.
- Major Realms: None introduced. In the Negative Zone.
Week 6: Escaping with the Hellstorm. Revan’s Archives. The Sith Planet / Tomb Archive.
- Major Characters: The Second Emperor, the Inquistor, Darth Plageous, the Newly-freed Hellstorm.
- Major Factions: Both sides of the Singularity War. The Jedi and Sith, The Singular Robots, and the Neanderthals (Revealed).
- Major Plot Elements: The Tomb and Revan’s Archives, a “Manifold Map” (a minor relic which enhances dimensional navigation and lore skills), the Silmaril of the Air.
- Major Realms: The New Imperium, Classic Star Wars, The Plague and Disaster Realms.
Week 7: Recruiting at Baelaria, Marty sets up his offices in Core. Visiting Singular and the Gravesite. The House obtains details on Kevin’s Contract and Thrall-Capabilities. Third Mission: find out what’s going on in Baelaria.
- Major Characters: New Thralls, The Mirage, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- Major Factions: The Mages Guild of Baelaria.
- Major Plot Elements: AI’s.
- Major Realms: Singular and Baelaria.
Week 8: The Battle Realms, Rescuing the Singularites, Business Negotiations and Baelaria Again. Mages Guild dig is closed down, group moves into Baelaria and begins to establish itself.
- Major Characters: Arxus, the Elder Wingates (Generals Martin and Martha),
- Major Factions: The Men In Black, the Clans (a minor faction of the Battletech Realms).
- Major Plot Elements: Singular Nanite Technology, Wellstone, Voidstone, the Ebon Hawk, and the Soulless Ones.
- Major Realms: Battling Business World and The Battletech Realms.
Week 9: The Baelarian MageWar, Disappearances at Hogwarts, Under Londinium. The group concludes the battle against the mages guild and begins the investigation into the disappearances at Hogwarts.
- Major Characters: Jaiden, Vekxin, Alexander Matthington and Ariana Wingates (Praetorians), Paul Malfoy, Dumbledore, Lingering Smoke.The Minister of Magic, Magus Hutchins, and “The Outsider”.
- Major Factions: Vekxin and has Agents, The Commonwealth, Local Baelarian Factions.
- Major Plot Elements: Missing Kids from Hogwarts, Anti-Manifold Reaction in Core, the Rosary of Memory, The Sunwell and the Secondary Wells, Three Praetorian Chassies.
- Major Realms: Baelaria and Hogwarts.
Week 10: Concluding the Baelarian Mages War, The Block Party, Clearing out Trade Routes, Experiments, Skiing in Tibet, Meeting with the Military. The group finishes eliminating most of the Bealarian Mages Guild and celebrates with the locals, dispatches Thralls to run various experiments, and visits Core to consult with various factions.
- Major Characters: Merlin, Snyder (a mage working for Merlin), Chief Battlemage Kelsier, Taraq the Mobster, a Knight of Grodd, and Colonel Knightly. Arxus taken.
- Major Factions: The Commonwealth, the Baelarian Military, and the Core Military.
- Major Plot Elements: The House begins recruiting for Kevin, Kevin begins assigning Thralls to the Core Military (in hopes of getting them to recruit for him).
- Major Realms: Baelaria, Castle, Samurai Jack World, Pictsome (a semi-abandoned planet with an approaching supernova wavefront in Core), and Core Earth.
Week 11: Lost to timeslip for the player-characters. Vekxin begins military-style attacks in the Underdark. Kevin’s Thralls set up defensive positions in his absence. Experiments begun on Arxus.
Week 12: Lost to Timeslip for the player-characters. Thralls put Faerun-Castle-Baelaria trade route into operation. The Singularites on Ealor send a delegation to Core Earth and open for business with the New Imperium.
Week 13: Lost to Timeslip for the player-characters. The House of Roses traces the timeslips to attempts to apprehend Vekxin: evidently he has powerful backers. ATE begins Operation: Cauldron.
Week 14: Lost to Timeslip for the player-characters.
Week 15: The Nuclear Bandit War, Jyhad, Repairing the Mirage, Visiting The House and Core Military, Curing Vekxins Recruits, Through Star Wars to Thriss. A Consultation with Computers. The group has to take time out due to Jarvain’s using nuclear weapons at close range, so they take time out to talk to the House and the Core Military (and provide them with some Thralls) before investigating the computer systems and starting their own plans to move Pictsome.
- Major Characters: Yoda, The Dark Mirror, and assorted Storm Troopers.
- Major Factions: The Ouratha, the House of Roses, the Core Military, and The Embassy (a group negotiating with the Ouratha).
- Major Plot Elements: Timeslips, Vekxin attacks, Anti-Vekxin Broadcast Recorded, The Central Authority, and teh creation of Kadia.
- Major Realms: Samurai Jack World, Baelaria, Dagobah, The New Imperium, Thriss (An abandoned core colony world), Kadia (Kevin’s personal realm).
Week 16: Dating in the Dragonworlds, Collecting Thralls, Moving Pictsome. Kevin discovers that he has a rival in the Dragonworlds, and starts making plans to deal with her, while Marty declares a business holiday so that the Thralls can be used to help move Pictsome. On Pictsome, the group teams up with Ryan O’Malley to open a planetary gate.
- Major Characters: Ryan O’Malley, the Imperial Inquistor.
- Major Factions: ATE, the Core Military.
- Major Plot Elements: Planetary Gates are demonstrated practical, various Core organizations become aware of just how much power – and how many Gatekeepers – ATE and the group control.
- Major Realms: Pictsome (supernova-threatened mostly-abandoned core earth colony world).
Week 17: The Rosary of Memory, Bribery and Balrogs, City of Ellistraee, Asault on Turwin and Mecha Debates, Recruiting NeoDogs, Staffing Kadia, the Mind Flayer City, Assault on BBW London. The group travels to the Underdark in pursuit of the Rosary of Memory – or at least of setting up a fake to trap Vekxin – and actually find the thing. Along the way, they pick up an ensouled Balrog, rescue a bunch of Dark Elves, collect many Neodogs to staff Kadia and open a pilot meme-curing project, and provide the Balrog and many orcs with a transfer to Battling Business World.
- Major Characters: Vekxin’s Servants (220 recovered), Dhoul (magus of Elistraee), Presnell (Mercenary Mage), NeoDog Thrall-Recruits, Recovering Arxus, Jamie Wolfie (replacement character for Jarvain, who is entering treatment for alcholism), Kelseru Ana’Nasu (dragoness), the Balrog, and the Singular Medical Community.
- Major Factions: The House of Roses, the Dark Elves, the Moon Elves, the Sun Elves, and the Priestesses of Lloth.
- Major Plot Elements: The Rosary of Memory, the One Ring (still in the posessian of a Thrall), and the Mind Flayer Archives.
- Major Realms: Ealor, Turwin (a modest world in the Battletech realm), the Underdark, and Battling Business World.
Week 18: Home Bases. Marty returns to Battling Business World to see how the Balrog is adjusting, trains Limey, and begins a Core advertising campaign. Jarvain remains in Rahab. Jamie is in the hospital. The people of Ealor are discussing Kevin and his Thralls. Kevin seduces Kelsaru the Dragoness, continues the NeoDog purchasing project, and puts the meme-treatment project fully underway. The group then departs for the Linear Realms in search of the secrets behind the weaponized memes and discover Walkins, a meme-engineer and religious nut.
- Major Characters: Limey the Laptop, Mr Leland, Kelsaru the Dragoness (due to clutch in about three months, will hatch six months after that), Abigail (Marty’s wife), The Mirage (now learning to deal with its memories of prior human lifetimes), and Walkins.
- Major Factions: Amarant Solutions and the Neanderthals.
- Major Plot Elements: The Conway Contract and the Weaponized Memes.
- Major Realms: Battling Business World, Ealor, The Linear Realms.
Week 19: The group traces the origins of the Weaponized Memes through the Linear Realms and prevents assassination attempts on those with knowledge of them before moving Drs Turner and Faulkner to Kadia for safety. The Core Earth Military adjusts to employing Thralls as special agents. The group intervenes in a massed attack on the Linear Realms FBI and Dr Samson and discover that the people of Singular are – somehow – involved with the Linear Realms. Amarant Solutions sets up additional offices as business in Core expands.
- Major Characters: Doctors Walkins, Turner, Faulkner, Samson and Isane (meme researchers), Director Myagi (a Linear Realms FBI director), President MacArthur (a refugee from Singular).
- Major Factions: The Neanderthals, the House of Roses, The Core Earth Military / The Department of Mysteries, the Linear Realms Government.
- Major Plot Elements: The House of Roses begins recruiting Thralls (and thus gains access to 150 more of them), the basic science behind the Meme Weapons is revealed.
- Major Realms: Core Earth, the Linear Realms, and Kadia (where the research project is set up).
Week 20: Kevin begins mass-recruiting sweeps in the Linear Realms. The Linear Realms begins taking countermeasures against the meme-weapons and saboteurs. Based on interrogations of the saboteurs in the Linear Realms, an attack is launched on their base – but the group winds up being diverted to the Five Worlds after releasing/recruiting a Praetorian. Finding that the place is run by psychotic madmen, they arrange to strip-mine the realm of souls via treaty (despite an attack by Sam-Sei, the Machine Master) before returning to the Linear Realms to assist in setting up support operations and the defense there.
- Major Characters: Mr Myagi, the High Lord, the Machine Master, and a Praetorian.
- Major Factions: The Neanderthals, the Federated Americas, and the Fey.
- Major Plot Elements: An assortment of Artifacts and Realms from the Rosary of Memory, Thrall recruiting goes exponential.
- Major Realms: The Linear Realms, the Five Worlds, the Living Galaxies, and Crusader.
Week 21: The group takes a flying trip to Crusader to deal with a minor emergency in Metropolis and discover that the realm is destabilizing. Unfortunately, the investigation into what the Neodolphins are up to goes nowhere, although the archive investigations have revealed the presence of the Disease and Disaster realms. Amarant Solutions sets up branch offices across much of Core and in many Manifold Realms. Kevin sets up a colonization project, a soul-mapping scheme, and a computer-analysis project, as well as a campaign to give the NeoDogs in Core anthropomorphic forms. Marty investigates Kevin’s background and sets up a birthday party for his daughter in the Sesame Street Realm. On the more active front, the group assisted with the defense of the Linear Realms and followed an attack group back to Singular – where the survivors were being used as cats-pawns. The group evacuated the singular survivors to Ealor, and set to work on getting the forensics people in to gather clues. Kevin takes Eogam (his son) and goes to see his parents, persuading them to visit Kadia. The group spends some time knocking about Kadia, where Kevin decides that he LIKES being a parent – and promptly (as usual) goes overboard for it.
- Major Characters: Commander Johnson (of the Linear Realms), Abigail, Julie, the cast of Sesame Street, the Big Bad Wolf, Chief Engineer Chu Taiking, Eogam, and Roulan and Adrain (Kevin’s Parents).
- Major Factions: The Neanderthals, The Neodolphins, Merlin and Company.
- Major Plot Elements: The Praetorians, technological dimensional travel, the singularites, an analysis of a Core Computer to find out where it was getting updates and directives from,
- Major Realms: Sesame Street, Core, the Linear Realms, Singular, Ealor in the New Imperium.
Week 22-24) Having persuaded Kevin’s parents to take a long vacation in Kadia and accept some bodyguards, the group headed off to the Founding Jedi Academy (and a visit to Kevin’s little brother), after which they temporarily broke up. Marty took a couple of weeks off with Jamie in the Living Galaxies (where they spent some time with the NeoDolphins) and on the High Seas (where they did some pirating and recruited a crew of werewolves). Kevin spent the time getting his phantasm-offspring disciplined and setting a training program into motion for them in the Dragonworlds – as well as getting his personal fatherhood-project underway. They wound up with a visit to Cardinal Handel, to discuss Kevin’s activities with the Unified Church. It didn’t exactly approve, but wouldn’t fight him.
- Major Characters: Jedi Master Tindale, Thomas (Kevin’s younger brother), assorted NeoDolphins, Limey, Abigail, Kelsaru, and Cardinal Handel.
- Major Factions: The Jedi Orders, Amarant Solutions, the NeoDolphins, the Squirrel Conspiracy, the Unified Church.
- Major Plot Elements: Kevin’s attempts to legalize his recruiting in Core.
- Major Realms: Kadia, the Living Galaxies, the Dragonworlds, the High Seas, the Napoleonic WereWorld, Core Earth.
Week 25-26: The discussion with the Cardinals provided some details of what worlds were being attacked – and the group decided to head for one stealthily (by the seas of the manifold) rather than attempting to force a gate through the barriers. Unfortunately, this required a run through the Straits – another crossroads realm, but one that several naval powers were currently fighting for control of – and the Storm at the Worlds End. It got messy before they arrived at the Crusader Kingdoms and found them devastated. There might be holdouts at Jerusalem though – so they headed there as quickly as they could.
- Major Characters: Cardinal Handel, Oshann (Kevin’s oldest Thrall), Captain Rata, A’ikana (a new player-character joining the group), Limey, Kevin’s Parents, a pair of Dragons from Excession, Captain Ramius, and Jason Custone
- Major Factions: The Unified Church, the Neanderthals,
- Major Plot Elements: The War of Souls.
- Major Realms: Core Earth, Kadia, the High Seas, the Straits, the British Empire, the Storm at the End of the World, and the Crusader Kingdoms.
Week 27: The group arrives at Jerusalem only to find it under siege by three hundred Death Knights and a hundred thousand lesser undead. They break through the lines to get in and set to work gathering information, resupplying the city and dealing with the disruptive elements within it (such as Dr Lichstein). Kevin, of course, uses the same strategy he always does – recruiting Thralls. The Silmarils intervene on the side of the defense as well. Back in Core, Jarvain – now that he’s out of alcoholism treatment – deploys his Cadets in the Battletech realm in aid of his old house (albeit more as an unexpected allies than as subordinates). That way they’ll be able to gain some actual battle experience in the Battletech universe. In Kadia, communications are opened with the Update Authority for the Core Computer Network, and a study on the core acceptability of Kevin’s Thrall-Pact is implemented – although this does not alter Kevin’s schedule of press releases on the subject or his attempt to spread the information far and wide. On Ealor, a group of children who were displaying strange powers are taken into custody by Child Protective Services. While such powers – linked with an interest in Kevin – are appearing in Core, Faerun, and other places, only in Ealor has the response (at least as yet) been quite so hysterical. In the Dragonrealms, Kevin’s Hatchling-School is fully open for business.
- Major Characters: Death Knights, Jurin Hans (Knight-Lord of the Knights Templar), Dr Lichstein, The Round Table Council, Assorted Dragons.
- Major Factions: The Neanderthals, the Army of Death, the People of Jerusalem, the Unified Church. The Update Authority.
- Major Plot Elements: The Horsemen of the Apocalypse, the Disaster Realms, The Singularites, The Silmarils.
- Major Realms: The Crusader Kingdoms, Core, Battletech, Kadia, Ealor in the New Imperium, and the Dragonrealms.
Week 28: The primary group continues to build up their forces against the army of the dead besieging Jerusalem, improves the cities defenses, and investigates the Gate to Eden which was supplying the water. A series of battles and a final defense of the Temple mount destroys the undead horde – and leads to a confrontation with Death, his subversion to the Core side of things, and his being placed in the custody of the House of Roses, the Unified Church, and the Core Earth Military. On Ealor, a group of the Singularites children escape from Child Protective Services – and a call for a search and rescue group is placed to Amarant Solutions. In Kadia, Kelsaru organizes Kevin’s business arrangements and trade systems, as well as associating with Kevin’s parents and organizing the recruitment efforts – since the candidates are now arriving by the tens of thousands. In the Anthropomorphic worlds, the Thralls are setting up recruiting systems. In Core, they have finished purchasing all the available property-class Neodogs – although they had long since been reduced to individual negotiations. In many other places, the War of Souls is spreading across the Manifold. The Thralls of Amarant Solutions go on a mass-rescue mission to Coruscant, and pull it off. In Battling Business World, Mr Gelman discovers the existence of the Manifold, explores Kadia with his family, and battles the Neitzchian. Secondarily, Abigail investigates the squirrels, determines that they are – indeed – people, visits Kadia, and hooks up with Gelman. Unfortunately, she concludes that Marty and Kevin may be a danger to Julia, and begins legal action to bar his visitation. In the Linear Realms Rameraz encounters Doctor Brenner, the criminally insane surgeon, and rescues some children from him.
- Major Characters: The Round Table Council of Crusader Kingdoms Jerusalem, Kelsaru, The Guardian of Eden, Thawban, The Horseman of Death, Tomlin (Marty’s Old Self), Puck, Gelman and Ruth, Corrigan and the Balrog of Moria, Abigail, Julia, and the Squirrels, Rameraz and Doctor Brenner, and Maegoren the Death Knight.
- Major Factions: The Men in Black, the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, The Numbers, and the Neitzchian.
- Major Plot Elements: Kevin’s Parents, The Horsemen of the Apocalypse, the Ark of the Covenant, the War of Souls.
- Major Realms: Crusader Kingdoms, Kadia, The five Worlds, Battling Business World, the New Imperium and the Old Empire.
Week 29: Marty has a mid-life crisis, collects a harem, confronts Gelman, goes to visit Faerun, and negotiates with the Drow for his children. Kevin corrects a bad contract, punishes Ikeran (one of his Thralls) for setting it up, sets down rules for slave-trading, and returns to the Dragonworlds to deal with challengers. Gelman has an interview with Kevin, accepts that he – like all humans – holds both of light and darkness, and signs on to help organize his operations. In Core, Death is debriefed – and a variety of useful bits of information are obtained both from him and from other sources. In the depths of Faerun, Vekxin is cornered – although it’s going to take even more time to grind through the last of his defenses. In Battling Business World, Corrigan educates the Balrog of Moria on the value of humanity.
- Major Characters: Mr Gelman, Ikeran, Rameraz, Dr Brenner, Marty’s staff and upcoming children.
- Major Factions: The House of Roses, The Unified Church, The Core Military.
- Major Plot Elements: The (Perpetual) Drow Godswar, The Dragon School.
- Major Realms: Core, Kadia, the Dragonworlds, The Linear Realms, Battling Business World, and Faerun.
Week 30: Marty gets over his midlife crisis (and retires the harem), spends some time reviewing Kevin’s reforms (and finds them acceptable) as well as reviewing the information that had been acquired from Death so far. Perhaps unfortunately, he also finds himself considering hiring the Nazghul as lawyers to represent him in Abigail’s child-custody case. Kevin engages in mass recruiting, starts setting up planetary rescues for worlds in danger from the ring nova, distributes reinforcements to several worlds, puts some “rights” into his contract, and introduces large numbers of anthropomorphic properties into Core. In Kadia, reports come in of Merlin being involved with the Horsemen of the Apocalypse and with the attacks on Singular. Fortunately, the development of the Meme Countermeasures is well underway. In Faerun, the Rosary of Memory is being tapped, Vekxin is cornered and under siege, and the surface drow now have several Thralls working for them.
- Major Characters: Vekxin, Abigail, Death, Merlin, and Chessaugh.
- Major Factions: The Update Authority, the Unified Church, the Core Earth Military, The Meme Masters (probably the Neanderthals).
- Major Plot Elements: The Ring Nova, Marty’s Children, Anthropomorphic Slaves in Core, the Drow Godswar, Merlin, and the Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- Major Realms: Kadia, Faerun, and Core.
Week 31: Marty returns to Battling Business World with some Crusader Kingdoms observers in tow and fights The MarketShare Wars before finding that penguins are invading and going ahead and hiring the Nazghul to help out with his child custody case. He eventually realizes that the ongoing reality distortions are even affecting Battling Business World. Meanwhile Kevin begins to consider a maintenance plan for the cosmos, attempts to use the Syndicates of the Linear Realms to stabilize the situation there, and takes some Thralls home for a visit to their parents – to find that Core parents seem to find his new-and-improved contract acceptable – and he drops by the “Amish” planet to move it out of the way of the supernova shockwave, which seems to go by without much trouble (albeit likely drawing more attention). The forensic examination of the Singular base is completed, and evidence of Merlin’s involvement deepens, leading to more resources being focused on Merlin and the Commonwealth – as well as on the realm of Inversion. The group decides to go and look for the contacts Master Tindale had recommended that they find – heading off on a route through Crusader, Mystic China, and the Shao-Lin temple to look for the Winter King. Gelman attempts to organize Amarant Solutions Manifold Operations and awakens his Blackberry.
- Major Characters: The Winter King, Gelman, the Nazghul.
- Major Factions: The Criminal Syndicates.
- Major Plot Elements: The Ring Nova, Reality Distortions, Project Midnight Gardener, Singular, and Kevin’s Contract.
- Major Realms: Battling Business World, Core, the Linear Realms, Mystic China, and Inversion.
Week 32: The groups contact-seeking trip forced them to deal with a giant ninja attacking Tokyo in Crusader, a vengeful haunting in Mythic China, and the Shao-lin. After Recruiting Arthur II and deploying him to the Linear Realms with Thrall and Arrancar backup, they started trying to come up with trade goods suitable for Necropolis. Unfortunately, their trip through the New Imperium-Old Empire Korriban-Necropolis-The Jesus Realms to reach The Terminal Café wound up being diverted by Child Protective Services in Ealor and a Derelict fleet in the Old Empire (which they decided to salvage and transport back to the New Imperium for repairs).
- Major Characters: The Shao-Lin Elders, Assorted Superheroes and Villains, Darth Vader, King Arthur II an the Arrancar, and the Hoslin Droids.
- Major Factions: The Singularites (Child Protective Services), the Hoslin, the Shao-Lin and the Sith.
- Major Plot Elements: Precognition, a Salvaged Battle Fleet, the Hellthunder (reports on), the War of Souls (in the Linear Realms).
- Major Realms: Crusader, Mythic China, the Linear Realms, Ealor and the New Imperium, and the Old Empire.
Week 33: Jarvain, hoping that the repair time would be long enough for him recruit at least a skeleton crew, takes command of the battle fleet as the group returned to the Old Empire – only to find that it was being slowly devoured by a hyperspace anomaly. Fortunately, the realm would almost certainly reset long before that became a problem, so they headed for Korriban – although the diversion added several days to their trip. Finding that the Hoslin were currently based there, but were being besieged by Imperial Forces, they spent more time evacuating them to the New Imperium-Battletech borderlands. After that, passing through the Tomb Archive, and getting by the Sith Undead to reach the gate to Necropolis was a minor gauntlet.
- Major Characters: The Hoslin Council and the Hoslin Droids.
- Major Factions: The Hoslin, the Krul, and the Lords of Necropolis.
- Major Plot Elements: Korriban and the Tomb Archive, the Hoslin,
- Major Realms: The Old Empire and the New Imperium.
Week 34: The group’s travels through Necropolis suffered persistent interruptions; they dealt with necromantic rituals on the road, assisted in the defense of a city besieged by the “Krul” (a local form of hostile revenant), brokered a peace treaty, and then set out for the lands of Necrosis, a Dream-Lich – and found even more unpleasant entities along the way.In Battling Business World, Abigail was investigating just how Blackie had been turned into a pet – and wasn’t liking what she found (It’s worth noting that the second part of the latest interlude with Abigail – session 99b – takes place after the groups return from their latest trip).
- Major Characters: The Vampire Lords, Night Lord Kylar, Necrosis, Abigail, and Blackie.
- Major Factions: The Krul.
- Major Plot Elements: The Strangers.
- Major Realms: Necropolis.
Week 35: The group is entangled in Horse-trading (and enhancing) in the city of Gethrid, travels into the realm of Necrosis (which takes several, surprisingly-uneventful, days), has a psychic confrontation with Hoxin before recruiting him as a guide, and continues towards Necropolis proper. In the Crusader Kingdoms, the remaining city-sieges have been broken by flights of Thralls and the local knights. In the Kuat Shipyards of the New Imperium Ryan and ATE are building the Forgelight – a ship to counter the Hellstorm and Revan – and their continuing assault on the New Imperium and nearby realms. In the Linear Realms, Arthur and the Arrancar have arrived in the Linear Realms and started organizing. In Core, Jamie and A”ikana are working on debriefing Death. In Kadia, Kelsaru has set up high-stakes battle games to deal with the juvenile delinquents – and Ruth Gelman has begun freeing slaves by winning those games.
- Major Characters: The Vampire Lords of Gethrid, the Nightlord, Hoxin, Ryan, Evanescence, Kelsaru
- Major Factions: Ryan and ATE, King Arthur and the Arrancar, the Unified Church
- Major Plot Elements: Death, Revan and the Hellstorm, the Forgelight, and Mysterious Gifts from the Vampire Lords and Nightlord.
- Major Realms: Necropolis, the Linear Realms, and the New Imperium.
Week 36: The group escapes from Necrosis into the Jesus Realms – where Limey gets an identity chip and is accidently fused with a Thrall in the process. Brendalen the Werewolf stops by for a visit, after which the group goes after, captures, and interrogates Vekxin – learning much about the realm of “Inversion”. Dr Brenner sets sail into the Manifold, opening up new realms for grotesque exploitation. Todd, Abigail, and the Traditionalists are rescued from Lord Zero and Battling Business World. In the process, Lord Zero is temporarily “slain”. King Arthur and Arxus begin political organizing in the Linear Realms.
- Major Characters: Evanescence, Klass (and some aliens), Necrosis, Columbar Santiago, Limey, Todd, Lord Zero, Abigail, Gelman, Sir Quincy, Dr Brenner, Aslan, King Arthur, Arxus, and Vekxin.
- Major Factions: Necrosis, the Commonwealth, Inversion, and “God”, King Arthur and the Arrancar.
- Major Plot Elements: Persona Chips, Reality Storms and Random Gates, False Prophets of Kevin, the Traditions of Battling Business World England.
- Major Realms: The Jesus Realms, the Forgotten Realms, Battling Business World, the Linear Realms, Kadia, and the Green Galaxies.
Week 37: The group sets out for Inversion with Xellos, traveling past wookies and into the realm of the Rats of NIMH. Outside of the ship breaking down, the crash landing, and a speed-crazed mouse for a pilot through the forests of the wookie homeworld, things are uneventful. In Kadia and Core the Midnight Gardener, Core Acceptance, and Colonization projects were all moving along, despite the interference from Erin, an investigative reporter. Kelsaru clutches. Todd sends Jacob to recover his Pathbooks from Jenkins – despite her new powers – so that he can begin teaching his Paths.
- Major Characters: Xellos, Kelsaru, Erin, Todd, Jenkins, and Lord Zero.
- Major Factions: Inversion, the Mazoku Alliance, the Rats of NIMH, and the New Imperium.
- Major Plot Elements: Xellos and the Darkness, Midnight Gardener, and the Core Acceptance Project.
- Major Realms: Kadia, the New Imperium, the Talking-Animal Fringes of the Anthropomorphic Realms, Core, and Battling Business World.
Week 38: The group deals with the Yellowstone Supervolcano, confuses the local humans and creatures of NIMH, and travels through a volcanic eruption to reach the desolate realm of Inversion. Dr Brenner survives an assassination attempt and expands his operations – getting himself set up as a Dark Prophet. The NeoDogs run a series of rescue missions into the Linear Realms. Ruth takes up a career as a Liberator of Children in the Linear Realms.
- Major Characters: Dr Brenner, the Narrator, “God”, and Ruth Gelman.
- Major Factions: Inversion.
- Major Plot Elements: Dark Prophets and Inversion.
- Major Realms: the Realm of NIMH, the National Geographic Realms, Inversion, the Linear Realms and the Green Galaxies.
Week 39: The group discovers that Inversion is a world deep in collapse, with an ongoing war with the moon. Even Xellos finds it dreary. Unfortunately, it turns out that Spellweaver and Michelle Wingates were there – and the group HAD promised to try and bring them back. That led to a short side-trip to the moon, dealing with a hijacking, a series of rescues, a short conference, and appearing at a trial – which shattered Inversion (and led to Kevin developing multi-presence). In Battling Business World, Lord Zero sent Jenkins out into the Manifold – and her first step was to confront Mr Leland, the Balrog of Moria, Lou, and Corrigan, which resulted in their mass relocation to Kadia and her going off on a general rampage. In Lunar Inversion Holly Simmons investigated the group after their meddling – and wound up discussing things with Todd, which gave him much additional food for thought. Gelman went to Core Israel to discuss Kevin – and his spiritual challenges and development – with Rabbi Menasche, a research theologist. In Kadia, Kevin’s parents were investigating his situation – and just HOW he had become infused with such an incredible amount of dark power – and were NOT happy with their results. In the realm of NIMH, the Rats and Humans were forming an alliance. In the face of the powers of the Manifold, their differences were small indeed.
- Major Characters: Xellos, Spellweaver, Michelle Wingates, “God”, Serah, Jenkins, Mr Leland, the Balrog of Moria, Lou, Corrigan, Holly, Gelman, Rabbi Menasche, Kevin’s Parents, the Number Lords, Animus the Necromancer, Ophelia the Binder, Lacus the Negator, Hubert the Assassin, Renalt the Destroyer, and Cardinal Richars.
- Major Factions: Merlin and Inversion and the Churches of Core.
- Major Plot Elements: Singular and the Praetorians, the Number Lords, attempts to guide Kevin.
- Major Realms: Inversion, Battling Business World, Kadia, and Core.
Week 40: Departing Inversion for the realms of the Neanderthals – and thence to Greenwald – led to the group purging “God” and Serah of the darkness (and letting Xellos get most of it) before reporting back to “M” – who was having troubles dealing with Ryan’s simulacrae. It was resolved to visit the Silmarillion after talking to the Balrog of Moria in search of background information. THAT led to a fight with Ryan’s “Feanor” clone and a semi-nuclear end to the first war of the Noldor. Kevin did manage to acquire Angainor from the Vala though. In the Dragonrealms, the Dragon Emperor was looking into “Ailill’s” operations.
- Major Characters: Serah, “God”, Xellos, a Neanderthal Elder, “M”, Ryan, the Balrog of Moria, Ryan’s “Feanor” Simulacra, and the Vala of Middle-Earth.
- Major Factions: The Unified Church, the Neanderthals, and the House of Roses.
- Major Plot Elements: The Silmarils, Ryan’s Simulacra, Merlin’s Manipulations,
- Major Realms: Inversion, Core, the Neanderthal Gateway Realm, Kadia, and Middle Earth.
Week 41: The group visited Shehaqim to recruit an angel to help empower the Forgelight, which led to an almost-immediate battle with the Hellstorm and Revan, ending in their destruction – and in Kevin’s temporary disembodyment and Ryan being lost between the dimensions. Upon their return to Kadia, Kevin went into seclusion to heal while Marty discovered a series of shocks from Limey and his Father. In Core, Project Midnight Gardener goes public. In Kadia, Marty’s father Martin had gotten throughly established, set up a casino, and fathered some more kids, while Limey had begun trying to usurp Marty (and was badly in need of some discipline or therapy) and the Traditionalists were investigating Kevin. In the Linear Realms, Dr Brenner had begun testing his limits and expanding into the Green Galaxies. In the Manifold at large, Jenkins was rampaging across the realms – and building up her power.
- Major Characters: Revan, Ryan, the Emperor Skywalker, Limey, Martin Senior, Todd, Jenkins, Dr Brenner, Anahel the Recording Angel, Kelial the Angel of Guidance, Michael Archangel of War, Menthas Angel of Radiance, Martin’s younger brothers, and Sir Quincy.
- Major Factions: The Realms of Light, the Hellstorm, ATE.
- Major Plot Elements: The Hellstorm and the Forgelight, Dr Brenner, Midnight Gardener, and the Number Lords.
- Major Realms: Shehaqim, the New Imperium, Kadia, Core, the Linear Realms, and the Green Galaxies.
Week 42: While Kevin was recovering from being vaporized, Marty fought in the Penguin-Puffin wars – after which the group set sail for Cyarkian, in the anthropomorphic realms – and promptly came into conflict with the Port Authorities, allied with the Platypuses, bet with the Otters, and attended the theater (where an unknown race of killer quasi-reptiles tried to assassinate them). Meanwhile, Core was running a major investigation of Kevin and Marty’s operations. In Kadia, Child Protective Services showed up from Ealor. In the Linear Realms, Ruth Gelman attacked Dr Brenners operations and discovered Kevin’s ensoulment projects. In the Dragonworlds the Dragon Emperor invited Kevin to an emotionally-disastrous dinner party.
- Major Characters: Mysterious Assassins, the Core Investigators, Ruth Gelman, Dr Brenner, and the Dragon Emperor.
- Major Factions: The Core Military, the Dragon Empire.
- Major Plot Elements: The Core Military, Dr Brenner, the Dragon Emperor.
- Major Realms: Kadia, Cyarkian, the Linear Realms, the Dragonworlds, and Core.
Week 43: The group kept itself busy in Ciarkian – interrogating a captured assassin, shopping in the markets, playing with transmutation, making some feathered dragons, dealing with mugger-rapists and ferret-pickpockets, a luncheon with the Eight-and-a-half-tails, a trip to Shehaqim to visit Menthas (and to try and fix a magical wound with the assistance of Raphael, Archangel of Healing). Unfortunately, on that same day, that also led to Conley, the Arch-skeptic a trip to the world of tea. purchases of large quantities of books, a magical duel, and an evening at the carnival – despite the Rabbits and Conley’s investigation thereof. The next morning started off with fox-parents investigating Kevin, Marty investigating Kevin’s recent erratic behavior, and the return of Raphael the Technomancer. Then it was off to parties, where Marty got roped into marriage and Kevin – after being summoned and interrogated about Midnight Gardener by an Ouratha – was further interrogated by a Wolf Matron and set up a private party of his own.
- Major Characters: Eight-and-a-half-tails, Magical Duelists, Raphael, a Panther Lordling, ELDER Parrots, Ms Fenwick, an Ourathan Elder, the Dragon Emperor, and the Wolf Matron.
- Major Factions: The Ouratha and the Galactic Community, Merlin and his Assassins (suspected), and the Forces of Light.
- Major Plot Elements: Assassins, Shehaqim, and the Dragon Empire.
- Major Realms: Ciarkian, Shehaqim, and Kadia.
At this moment, the group is only two days into Week 43…