It’s once again time to get the latest material index updated and to transfer the material from the old one to the main index tabs at the top of the page. If you want the very latest material, it may be necessary to either scroll down or consult the “Recent Posts” listing-widget on the lower right. The previous Latest Materials Index can be found HERE and – for those who like to rummage at random – the full post-by-post index can be found occupying a great deal of space in the lower right column.
Eclipse Classless d20 Character Construction Cribsheet / Sample Character List – Character Creation Primer – Compiled Martial Arts.
Subindexes: RPG Design – Twilight Isles – Battletech – Champions – d20 – Legend of the Five Rings – Shadowrun – White Wolf – Other Games – Battling Business World – Star Wars
- Federation-Apocalypse Logs: Session 138b, Session 138c, Session 138d, Session 139a, Session 139b, Session 140a, Session 140b, Session 140c, Session 140d, Session 141, Session 142 (the Realm of Ciarkian): Part I (the world and its inhabitants), Part II (the local population and their monetary system), Part III (the city of Cyrweld, its ward, and its economy), and Part IV (the guilds and knightly orders of Cyrweld), Session 143a, Session 143b, Session 144, Session 145, Session 146, Session 148a, Session 148b, Session 149a, Session 149b, Session 150, Session 151, Session 152,
- Federation-Apocalypse Session Log Index III: Sessions 1 through 141.
- Darth Vader in d20 and Eclipse. Converting movie characters yet again.
- The Children’s Crusade: The advantages and disadvantages of playing with youthful characters and/or youthful players. Part I (basics, world laws, and sample characters – a mystic warrior and a healer), Part II (setting up for party unity and sample characters – a blademaster and a knight of flame), Part III (Fostering and a sample character – a skillmaster and lesser magician), Part IV (advantages for the game master and sample characters – a superheroic archer)
- The Soul Archer: How to build on in Eclipse.
- Building Iron Heroes characters in Eclipse: The general setup and the Harrier
- Ability Exchange: Trading in old abilities for new ones.
- Playing Half-Dragons and High-ECL Races: How to play high-ECL races at low levels in several different ways.
- Eclipse and Skill Enhancements: Building minor tricks that enhance skills in Eclipse. Part I and Part II.
- Magic and Metamagic: Exotic spell enhancements in Eclipse. Part I, Part II
- Rahne Diende: A level four healing specialist.
- Megalithic Magic: Using structures to channel magic on a massive scale.
- Playing with Extradimensional Spaces: How to access, modify, and exploit them.
- Spell Research – Changing Spell Types: How to transform spells from one type to another – and arcane healing.
- Artifacts, and how to fight them: Ways of defeating those indestructible artifacts.
- Casting while Grappled: How to get away with it.
- d20 and Crippling Injuries – Problems and Implementations: How to make your players welcome crippling injuries into your game.
- Alignment – Mechanics and Magic: How to magically influence – or safeguard – your alignment.
- Living Magic: How to create self-reproducing magic items, or items which create other items.
- Sorcery and Wizardry – Cost Comparisons: How and why the two differ, and their costs in Eclipse. We also have Comparative Costs of Wizards and Sorcerers II, covering some objections and responses.
- Bonus Replies: Editorial0 and Alzrius: Extra replies to some of Alsrius’s questions on magic.
- Yuki Tendo – Champions to Eclipse d20: Converting a superheroic Martial Artist/Mage from HERO to Eclipse.
- The Immortal Rants of Sean K. Reynolds: Demi-Human Level Limits and What They Were Actually About, We need rules for called shots! and How To Implement Them Quickly and Easily,
- Playing with Package Deals: A compiled list of Eclipse package deals.
Star Wars Material:
- Session Logs: Session 44, Session 45, Session 46, Session 47, Session 48, Session 49, Session 49 Supplemental, Session 50a, Session 50b, Session 51, Session 52,
- Vehicle Design Rules v2: Revised vehicle creation rules.
- The Codex: Basics,
Champions / HERO Material:
- The Legacy of the King – Embodying the Spirit of Elvis.
- Madder Owain, the Red Scarf – and his Technical Genius Package, Dark Avenger Package, Martial Artist Package, and Mystic Adept Package.
- Superheroic Wealth: Building wealth as a power.
- Charms: Occult Combat Charms,
- Mutations: Basics and Essence Awakening, Healing and Durability, Movement, Senses, and Life Support,
- Artifacts: The Wonderworker’s Mantle (***),
General RPG Material:
- RPG and Character Design – Combat Styles: How humanoids fight.
- The High Frontier: A setting for fantasy to space.
- What Rules Are For: Designing for a purpose – and knowing when not to.
- System Inventory: Since the questions been asked, here’s a list of the printed role-playing games in my collection.
- Inspirations – The Haunted Palace: Finding some inspiration in classical literature.
- In the Old School – Oh Death, Where Is Thy Victory?: When character deaths either do not matter – or are desirable end-points.
- Game Reviews: Brave Old Failure – the Brave New World RPG.
- Latest Material Index (ruscumag.wordpress.com)
- Latest Material Index from Emergence Campaign Weblog (ruscumag.wordpress.com)